Service & Phone Number Renewal
You can renew service on any currently active, or recently deactivated device on your account via the Rapid Renewal process or by completing the following steps:
Login to your account at my.magicJack.com
Select the “Account” tab at the top of your screen
Locate the device name you wish to renew and select the “Add Months” or “Click to Reactivate” link located under the “Device Status”
Choose your plan and click “Add to Cart”
Choose your shipping and billing address
Enter or select the credit card/debit card
Select if you would like to enable the auto-renewal feature for this line
Enter Agree to the subscriber agreement, you will need to scroll to the bottom of the agreement before you can accept it
Verify all of the information and select “Complete Order”
Your service renewal should be immediately reflected; if it is not, please unplug and re-plug in your device.
Rapid Renew allows you to renew your device service subscription without logging into your account.
To renew using this new quick and easy wizard, follow these steps:
- Go to www.magicJack.com, select Login. On this page you will see an option to start Rapid Renew
- Enter your magicJack phone number and click RENEW NOW
- Choose the renewal plan then click CONTINUE TO BILLING.
NOTE: Review your phone number, primary email address and renewal date information!
- Enter your credit/debid card card details then click REVIEW ORDER
- Confirm your selections
- Review the magicJack Subscriber Agreement, select the checkbox then click COMPLETE ORDER
AS A REMINDER: if you have a premium phone number, such as a Canadian phone number or vanity number, you will need to login to your magicJack account to renew that phone number separately.
What is a premium phone number?
Any number that requires an annual fee is considered a premium number. These include the following:
- Vanity: A specifically-requested combination of numbers
- Custom: Chosen from a list of available numbers
- Canadian: All Canadian numbers are considered premium
How much do premium phone numbers cost?
Premium numbers vary in price depending on the option selected. Current prices are listed below:
- Vanity numbers: $10 per year (+ applicable taxes & fees)
- Custom numbers: $3 per year (+ applicable taxes & fees)
- Canadian numbers: $10 per year (+ applicable taxes & fees)
How can I renew my premium number?
Premium number subscription does not always run concurrent to your device service subscription. As such, the renewal period for your premium number and phone service may fall on different dates.
To renew a premium number:
- Login to the my.magicJack.com portal
- At the top of the screen, a banner notification will alert you that your phone number requires renewal
- Underneath the magicJack Devices section of the page, locate the Number Status column. Click the Add a Year link associated with your expired phone number. Your 1 year number renewal will automatically be added to your cart.
- Complete the checkout process. Your renewal will be immediately applied to your account.
Auto-Renew is a service that will automatically renew your selected subscription(s) at the end of their subscription term using an active credit card on file. You will receive email notification 30 days prior to the subscription renewal as a reminder of the date of the renewal and providing the current rate for the renewal. You will receive a confirmation email once the renewal has been successfully processed.
This service requires an active valid credit card on file at the time of the renewal. If the payment method fails, the service will be disconnected. To opt out of auto-renew you must call Customer Care at 1-844-866-2442 within the US or Canada or 1-561-594-9925 Outside the US or Canada.
To enroll in auto-renew, login to your account at my.magicJack.com. Select the Account Tab then AutoRenew. Turn on auto renew for the subscriptions you wish to have automatically renewed each year. If you do not have an active credit card on file, you will be required to update the billing information.
Taxes & Other Charges
Sales and applicable taxes are assessed on orders for taxable items originating from the states where the company has a tax obligation. Taxable items include, but are not limited to, magicJack devices, renewals, phone number-related fees, etc. Applicable Taxes will appear as a separate line item on your order summary.
A Universal Service Fund (USF) fee is applied to prepaid calling credit purchases, and is then remitted to the appropriate government authority.
The USF Fee recovers the contributions we make to the Federal Universal Service Fund (USF) under Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations. The USF supports the following initiatives:
- Affordable telecommunications services to schools, libraries, and rural health care facilities
- Subsidies for telecommunications service in high-cost areas and for low-income households
- Telecommunications services for individuals with hearing and speech disabilities
Note: The USF charge applies to your purchase of prepaid credits, even if you do not live in the United States. As the carrier providing services for prepaid calling, we are obligated to bill the USF fee on all prepaid credit sales.
Upon registration of your device, as well as annually, we will send you an Emergency (E) 911 service invoice and ask that you click a link to submit payment. All funds collected for E911 will be remitted to the appropriate jurisdictions. Read more here.
There is a 9% administrative fee added to every purchase that covers various operating obligations, as well as infrastructure and support costs.
No, there are no additional connection, activation or start-up fees payable to magicJack.
Upon registration we will send you an Emergency (E) 911 service invoice and ask you to click a link to pay. All funds collected for E911 will be remitted to the appropriate jurisdictions.
Free local and long distance calling to the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, along with all the other great magicJack features are included with your initial purchase. (Access terms vary based on device type purchased. Please see our Subscriber Agreement for more details.)
Calls are free to the great majority of locations in the US and Canada. Calls to Alaska, the Yukon, and Northwest Territories, and pay-per-minute numbers require prepaid credits. If you feel you are required to purchase prepaid credits for a number that should be free, you can contact 877-846-5066. We’ll check the number and fix any errors within 2 business days.
To purchase Pre-Paid Credit: Click here and log into your account using the e-mail address and password you used when you registered your magicJack. Once you have successfully logged in, under the “International/Prepaid” tab, choose the option to “Add/View Prepaid Balance.”
Please visit our Subscriber Agreement for current information.
Yes, 411 Directory Assistance calls are free with magicJack!
- To access Free Directory Assistance by telephone, dial 4-1-1.
- To access Free Directory Assistance on the Internet, click the menu button on your softphone and then 411 Directory under the Advanced Users tab.
Returns, Exchanges, Replacements
The magicJack Money Back Guarantee policy ensures your complete satisfaction. If for any reason you wish to cancel service within 30 days of your purchase from magicJack.com (which is the date you order the magicJack), we will refund your money when the terms of our Money Back Guarantee are satisfied.
If you purchased your magicJack at a retailer, the retailer’s return policy applies. Please return the device to the retail location where you purchased it with your original packaging and receipt.
Terms of Money Back Guarantee:
The money back guarantee applies only to magicJack devices purchased on magicJack.com
- Before returning your magicJack please obtain a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from our Customer Care department by visiting: my.magicJack.com/returns.html
- You must return your magicJack(s) with the RMA email or RMA Bar Code by the date stated on the RMA.
- All returns must be in the original packaging with the UPC or bar code intact.
- All components must be included.
- If you received a free gift with your purchase, you must return it unused with all components in the original packaging.
The magicJack Money Back Guarantee will not be issued if you fail to meet these requirements.
You are responsible for return shipping. magicJacks returned without a valid RMA number will not be eligible for the magicJack Money Back Guarantee.
If you received a free gift with our purchase and do not return it we will withhold the retail value of the free gift from your refund.
Your method of payment will be credited within two weeks from date of return. The credit may not appear on your physical printed statement from your bank for up to two billing cycles.
magicJack always wishes to provide you a pleasant and satisfactory experience.
You have 30 days from the date of your online order to obtain a return merchandise authorization (RMA). The magicJack must be returned by the date stated on the RMA.
We typically process all valid refunds within one to two business days.
Please allow up to two billing statements from your credit card to see the actual credit on your printed statement. You may call your credit card company to confirm the credit or refund.
You may terminate your use of magicJack at any time. Unused subscriptions are not refundable.
To disable Auto Renewal for your magicJack Device subscription:
- Login to my.magicJack.com
- Hover on 'Account' tab
- Click on 'AutoRenew'
- Toggle the Auto Renew button to select 'OFF'
Ordering & Shipping
magicJack ships to the United States (including Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands) and Canada via the United Parcel Service (UPS).
Shipping Costs: To US Addresses - $7.95 plus taxes, to Canadian Addresses $10.95 plus taxes
Items are typically processed for shipment within one business day. Once shipped, delivery can be expected within 3-10 days. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee actual UPS delivery times. Please allow additional time for Canadian deliveries.
A confirmation email is sent upon shipment with a UPS tracking number. Delivery status can be tracked online at www.ups.com.
You can also view your order status details by logging into https://my.magicJack.com. Hover over the Account tab and select Order Status. If your order has shipped, the tracking number will be available and linked to the UPS tracking details page.
Orders for items to be shipped cannot be altered after shipping.
magicJack accepts the following forms of payment:
- American Express
We do not accept cash, check, PayPal, or electronic funds transfers (EFT).
Warranty & Guarantee
Your magicJack device is warranted against component defects for one year after purchase. Should you experience a technical problem with your device during the warranty period, and we determine you need a replacement, you can request a replacement device free of charge.
To avoid being charged for your replacement Device, you must:
- Obtain a return material authorization (“RMA”) number (returns without an RMA number will be rejected by magicJack, LP)
- ship the items being returned to magicJack, LP, together with a written description of the claimed defect, shipping cost will be paid by the customer
- Pay any fees required as communicated at the magicJack website
The defective Device must be received by magicJack within fifteen (15) days of your receipt of your replacement Device or your credit card on file will be charged the full price of the replacement device (MSRP $25.00) plus associated taxes, shipping and handling.
This warranty does not include:
- Any condition resulting from incorrect or inadequate maintenance or care
- Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents or shipping damage
- Dissatisfaction due to buyer’s remorse
- Damages incurred during transportation
- Purchase of a used device
- Lost or stolen devices
For devices outside of the one-year warranty, but still under an active license period, the cost of a replacement device is $25.00, plus $7.95 shipping and admin fees, when shipped to a valid U.S. address. For Canadian addresses, an additional $3.00 shipping fee will be assessed, plus the aforementioned admin fees.
To replace a lost, stolen, or broken device:
- Log in to the my.magicJack.com portal using the email address and password you used when you registered your magicJack.
- Under the Account tab, click Device Replacement.
- Follow the prompts to purchase a replacement device.
For devices with remaining active subscription time, the cost of a replacement device is $25.00, plus $7.95 shipping and admin fees, when shipped to a valid U.S. address. For Canadian addresses, an additional $3.00 shipping fee will be assessed., plus the aforementioned admin fees.
For devices without an active subscription, you will need to purchase a new device that comes with a subscription.
Replacement Device Activation and Service
When you receive your replacement device, plug it in to your computer and you will be prompted to select the device you wish to replace. Your remaining time and telephone number will automatically transfer.
Replacement devices do not include additional license time.
No, if you choose to stop using magicJack, there are no cancellation, early termination, penalty or other fees. Unused subscriptions are not refundable.
When registering a new magicJack device, you will be presented with an option to upgrade an existing device, if you have access time remaining that exceeds the free time that comes with your new device.
The remaining time on your current magicJack device can be transferred to a newer model during the registration process.
Upon completion of the transfer process, the device you selected to upgrade will be deactivated and no longer have the option to purchase additional service plans.
Device Service Subscriptions
magicJack offers one-way and two-way subscriptions to allow our customers the option to select the service that best meets their needs. magicJack offers magicIN and magicOUT services that can be purchased individually (one-way) or together (two-way). The service selection on the customer’s device will be the same on the magicApp Companion App.
- magicIN – the ability to receive incoming calls only. With magicIN you can receive unlimited calls and use the following features: automated call screening, call blocking, call forwarding and more. Features not included with magicIN service are making outbound calls, including call 911, caller ID and purchase of international credits used for outbound calling
- magicOUT – the ability to make outgoing calls only. With magicOUT you can make outbound calls and use the following features: calling 911, caller ID and purchase of international credits. Features not included in this service are automated call screening, call blocking, call forwarding, voicemail, and voicemail to email.
- Two-way service is available when a customer selects both magicIN and magicOUT service options. Features available with two-way service include automated call screening, call blocking, call forwarding, voicemail, voicemail to email, inbound calls, outbound calls, caller ID and the ability to purchase international prepaid credits for international calls.
Yes, customer subscriptions are limited to no more than 10 years from today’s date.
Yes, features and renewal options are different.
Features not included by service type:
- magicIN - does not include making outbound calls, including call 911, caller ID and purchase of international credits used for outbound calling
- magicOUT - does not include automated call screening, call blocking, call forwarding, voicemail, and voicemail to email
- Are available as auto renewing only
- Initial service subscription (new device activation) is 15 months, that auto renews for 12 months at the end of the initial service term and every term thereafter unless a customer calls to cancel
- Cannot be switched from magicIN to magicOUT or magicOUT to magicIN until the subscription renewal
- Cannot be renewed via Rapid Renew or Re-Up cards
Customer can upgrade from either one-way service to two-way service at any time by calling the Sales team at 1-800-magicJack and paying a one-time Change Service Fee of $10.00 USD (+applicable taxes & fees).