magicApp Paid Subscription
Beginning in February 2021 magicJack is now offering a mobile app subscription only service to new users to download and subscribe to mobile app calling services. Service will be available to existing magicJack customers in April 2021.
This subscription is only available as a monthly recurring service available via the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Once signed up, users can select the type of service (incoming, outgoing or both) as well as text messaging feature.
Note – payment is made via your Apple or Google store accounts and not via the magicJack.com website
- Send and receive unlimited text messages to an U.S. Mobile Number
- Free worldwide calling magicApp-to-magicApp and magicApp-to-magicJack
- Never use mobile carrier minutes when using the app on WIFI
- Call Waiting
- Option to purchase low-cost International Prepaid Credits
The Paid App subscription does not require an active magicJack device service subscription.
The Companion App is a free app that requires an active magicJack device service subscription to use.
Yes, you can change your subscription at any time on your mobile device by going to your Apple or Google account, selecting manage subscriptions and make any needed changes there.
You cannot edit or change your service on your magicJack account site (my.magicJack.com) or with customer service, the subscriptions are managed exclusively with your device account (Apple or Google).
No, the Paid App subscription provides a free U.S. telephone number for use with the service.
No, the Paid App subscription allows the user to select a U.S. free telephone number only.
Text messaging to your magicApp telephone number must be coming from a 10-digit telephone number. Short codes (like banks and verification codes) will not work with magicApp.
No, you can only send a message to one telephone number at a time.
No, picture/video messages (MMS) are not available.
No, the operating system (Android and iOS) cannot be changed for the Paid Mobile App only subscription. Once your subscription expires on one device type you can sign up on the other operating system, however it will be a new account with a new telephone number.
To cancel a subscription on the Google Play app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store
- Check if you’re signed into the correct Google Account
- Select Menu – Subscriptions
- Select the subscription you want to cancel
- Tap Cancel Subscription
- Follow the onscreen instructions
To cancel a subscription on your iPhone, iPad or iPod
- Open the Setting app
- Tap your name
- Select Subscriptions
- Select the subscription that you want to manage
- Select Cancel Subscription
Yes, call blocking is available with magicApp.
You can easily block up to 99 telephone numbers. When a telephone number on your blocked number list attempts to contact you, they will receive a busy signal, and your phone will not ring.
If you are using magicApp on Android/iOS device, you can directly add a Phone number to block list from magicApp. To do so:
- Login to your magicApp on your Android/iOS device
- Navigate to Call logs tab on the magicApp. Tap on the phone number for Android or tap on information icon for iOS, to see the Call Details screen
- On the Call Details screen, tap on Block to add that number to block list
Note: To unblock a blocked Phone number, you will need to login to magicJack account portal at my.magicJack.com and follow the below listed steps.
Editing blocked numbers
- Login to your account at my.magicJack.com
- Hover your mouse over the Call Features tab
- Click the Call Blocking option
- Click the Edit List option to view the full list of blocked numbers
- Add or Change a Nickname and click Update
- Remove a Number from the Call Block List: Click the “–” (minus) icon in the Add/Remove column to remove the associated telephone number.
Tips for blocking telemarketers
We recommend that you register your magicJack telephone number(s) on the National Do Not Call Registry (found at www.donotcall.gov). The National Do Not Call Registry allows you to opt out of receiving telemarketing. Most telemarketers will not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days.
If you continue to receive telemarketing calls after 31 days have passed, you can file a complaint on the www.donotcall.gov website.